* GCC 3.x Maturity question
@ 2002-02-04 16:53 Witness
From: Witness @ 2002-02-04 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-Help; +Cc: Clug

I'm running Slackware 7.1 on my server, which I also use for my primary
development environment. I am currently using GCC 2.95.3, but I am working
on installing GPC (Gnu Pascal), which is an extension of GCC.  As I am
having a few problems with the configure script (something is not allowing
it to build GPC), I am considering installing GCC 3.x and GPC along with
that.  I don't have the time to rebuild all the files (i.e. libc, etc.), and
just want to install the compiler and necessary files without rebuilding the
entire system.  Has GCC 3.x matured enough for this? Or are there still
problems that could cause incompatible binaries?

BRM

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-05  0:53 UTC | newest]