* gcc porting
@ 2002-05-09  5:16 Shripad
From: Shripad @ 2002-05-09  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

hi..
  well i am trying to configure gcc to produce code for a mc68000 machine on
my intel machine.
The target is a posterminal... with a os called verix ( unix type) os..
I am trying to configure gcc ... so that it generates the object code which
can be linked and the executable loaded on to the pop terminal
The pos terminal has a mc68k processor... i hope i am clear now..

please help...

shripad

* Gcc porting
@ 2002-11-16  7:42 Alexander Shkurko
From: Alexander Shkurko @ 2002-11-16  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello!

I need your help.

I'm trying to port GCC for one embedded system powered by ARC processor.
Memory unit of this system has some limitation. It can't use byte
input/ouput instructions.

So i need to force gcc to use instead of single ldb or stb instuctions a set
of instructions, but there is only one string for each assembler instruction
in arc.md file.

Is it possible to force GCC to use several instructions instead of one or
not?

Thank you for your help.

Yours Sincerely
Shkurko Alexander

* RE: gcc porting
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D621AFC@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-05-09  5:27 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-05-09  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shripada; +Cc: gcc-help

Shripada wrote:

> well i am trying to configure gcc to produce code for a mc68000
> machine on my intel machine. The target is a posterminal... with a
> os called verix ( unix type) os.. I am trying to configure gcc ...
> so that it generates the object code which can be linked and the
> executable loaded on to the pop terminal The pos terminal has a
> mc68k processor... i hope i am clear now..

The GNU config.* haven't heard of verix.

You can build OS-neutral cross compilers which just target a specific
object format, e.g. m68k-elf or m68k-coff; probably your best bet would
be to find out which object format verix uses and then build a
cross-toolchain to target that. If you have system headers and C
libraries for verix then you should configure --without-newlib and drop
those into the build.

If you don't have system headers and libraries then you can use newlib
instead but you might have difficulty interacting with the system.

Good luck,
Rup.

* RE: gcc porting
@ 2002-05-09  3:36 ` Raghavendra Koushik
From: Raghavendra Koushik @ 2002-05-09  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shripada, help-gcc

checkout this cross compiler FAQ site
http://www.sthoward.com/CrossGCC/
also find out if mc68K platform is supported on gcc. you can
do that by checkig out the list of supported platforms on
the gcc.gnu.org site.

-Koushik