* install GCC on Nextstep/Intel
@ 2000-07-23 10:21 George Tourlakis
From: George Tourlakis @ 2000-07-23 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: gt

George Tourlakis <gt@cs.yorku.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install GCC on a NeXT/Intel OS 4.2 (I have
> a dual developer environment--that is, I can run both the OS 4.2 developer
> and the the OS 3.3 developer. Under the latter I have also installed
> successfully
> gcc 2.8.1 and a week or so ago egcs 1.1.2)
>
> I do not find anything i386-nextstep related in your installation
> instructions.
>
> "On faith", I tried the m68k-nextstep instructions (which was the
> procedure I used to install egcs, incidentally) but the make bootstrap
> in the directory "objdir"/gcc fails with something like "setc is not a 386

> instruction"
>
> Am I to assume that the latest GCC is not ready for Nextstep/intel yet,
> or is there a trick to get around this?
>
> Thanks
>
> George Tourlakis
>
> P.S. I wrote before, perhaps to the wrong address? My email
> was read somewhere in Germany (returned receipt) but never
> answered...

George Tourlakis

Dept. of Computer Science
York University
Toronto, Ontario
M3J 1P3

voice:	416-736-2100 (66674)
FAX:	416-736-5872
e-mail:	gt@cs.yorku.ca (NeXT or MIME mail OK)
   OR	tgeorge@yorku.ca (NeXT or MIME mail OK)

web:		www.cs.yorku.ca/~gt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-23 10:21 UTC | newest]