* LD : Loadaddr and AT
@ 2000-04-06  1:36 Vincent Claverie
From: Vincent Claverie @ 2000-04-06  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello,

I am using GNU tools to build an application
from  windows NT for a powerPC target.

The ld version that i use is : cygnus-2.6

emulation used is elf32-powerpc
I can do simple program that run correctly on
the target, but
I got some trouble with the Locate with builtion
functions AT and LOADADDR.

I found that LOADADDR function is only available
since version 2.8.

I have not already install version 2.8 (some
trouble with NT),
but my real problem is
with the builtin function AT .

Doing that in ld script :

Ex
:
.mdata  DATA_START : AT (IMAGE_DATA_START)

In the generated file ELF, the VMA and the LMA
(see in dump file) are the same and equal to DATA_START.
AT instruction seems to have no
effect.

I will be very pleased if someone could help
me.
Thank you.
Vincent.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-04-06  1:36 UTC | newest]