* 4 Byte alignment of char arrays for h8300-elf-gcc
@ 2004-01-22  9:58 Uwe Kindler
From: Uwe Kindler @ 2004-01-22  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I use the h8300-elf-gcc to build eCos for Renesas EDOSK-2674 board. eCos
requires that char arrays are aligned to a 4 Byte boundary. This can be done
for application char arrays in this way: __attribute__ ((aligned (4)));

But the char arrays are inside the eCos source code and therefore a compiler
flag is required in order to change gcc default behaviour. I carefully read
the documentation for the h8300-elf-gcc but I could not found such a flag
that forces h8300-elf-gcc to align char arrays to a 4 Byte boundary.

Does someone know if it is possible to change the behaviour of the
h8300-elf-gcc in a way that it will align char arrays to a 4 byte boundary?

Thank you very much

Regards, Uwe

eCos port for Renesas EDOSK-2674
http://www.htwm.de/ukindler/ecos

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-22  9:58 UTC | newest]