* GFortran Problem on Windows 2000
@ 2006-03-01 12:57 Kurt
From: Kurt @ 2006-03-01 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is GFortran supposed to work on Windows2000?  If so, could you help me
troubleshoot? If not, could you please confirm that this is the case?

I installed the GFortran mingw build / "native Windows": installer
(2006-01-20) on a Windows2000 pc.  I used all default settings when running
the installer.  The default installation directory is C:\Program
Files\gfortran, which has bin, include, lib, and libexec directories that
are each populated with numerous files and subdirectories.  My path variable
is set to C:\Program Files\gfortran\bin.

I get the error message below when I try to compile a simple file as
follows:

C:\computing\che536>gfortran hello.f95 -o hello.exe
<built-in>:0: internal compiler error: Illegal instructio
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

I get the same error message after the following command:
C:\computing\che536>gfortran -c hello.f95

The file C:\computing\che536\hello.f95 conists of the following:
program hello
implicit none
write(*,*)'Hello World!'
stop
end program hello

Can you help me diagnose the problem?  Is there any other info you need from
me?

You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kurt Cenek
phone:  847-391-2183
fax:  847-391-2253
kjcenek@comcast.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-03-01 12:57 UTC | newest]