* gcc 3.02 on windows
@ 2001-12-11  8:40 nomit kalidhar
From: nomit kalidhar @ 2001-12-11  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello

I am new to this field. Can you give some pointers regarding gcc on
windows.

with regards

Nomit

* Re: gcc 3.02 on windows
@ 2001-12-11 17:18 ` Dylan Cuthbert
From: Dylan Cuthbert @ 2001-12-11 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

In order to compile 3.02 for cygwin I had to create a dummy makefile (empty
install:, clean:, all:) to get past the fastjar stage of compilation, has
anyone else had this problem?  Apart from this it works with no problem at
all, although I do find c++ compilation to be a little slow. (especially
with templates)

If not, why not? :-)

---------------------------------
Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

From: Dylan Cuthbert @ 2001-12-11 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

follow the instructions on the gcc home page, something like this:

cd /usr/src
tar zxvf gcc-3.0.2src.tgz  (this filename is an example only and is not
correct)
mkdir gcc-build
cd gcc-build
../gcc/configure
make bootstrap
make install

(and add /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/include to your path and include path
if not already there)

When I compile I get an error compiling "fastjar", I "fixed" it
*temporarily* by doing the following:

cd /usr/src/gcc-build/fastjar
mv Makefile Makefile.org
vi Makefile
# press "o" to start text input, then type:
install:
clean:
all:
# then press Escape and :wq to save&exit
cd ..
make bootstrap

Regards

---------------------------------
Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com
Will the code as downloaded from gcc site be able to comile. I have
cygwin on my system. How do i run configure on my windows platform.

Nomit

@ 2001-12-11 21:55 nomit kalidhar

@ 2001-12-11  8:50 Venkatakrishnan, V
From: Venkatakrishnan, V @ 2001-12-11  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'nomit kalidhar', gcc-help

check this out, this is basically a UNIX emulation on Windows.

http://www.cygwin.com/

HTH
Venky

V. Venkatakrishnan