* Backend Programming
@ 2002-08-18 17:30 Eric Robert
From: Eric Robert @ 2002-08-18 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I would like to use GCC to program some types of microcontrollers
(microchip's PIC if it's of any interest) and I would like to know the
amount of work involved in writing a backend for this very small chip?
It has very few instructions and very few registers.

In fact, it's probably very near some already existing backend so,
hopefully, I won't have to start from scratch. I don't have any
experience in GCC but I have a strong background in C/C++. So, just to
summarize:

1. How much time anyone thinks it takes?
2. Any pointers to what I have to do?

Note: I don't need any part of the standard libraries.

Eric Robert
Software Engineer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-19  0:30 UTC | newest]