* function call argument count
@ 2004-05-23 22:01 don fisher
From: don fisher @ 2004-05-23 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

Is there a call that can be made from within a function to determine
how many arguments have been passed to it? I feel such a call would be
of great assistance when used in conjunction with variable length
argument lists. In the "old days", VMS pushed a parameter count as
part of the call frame. You could even determine which variables were
null, since they always did call by reference and null parameters were
indicated by a zero address.

Sorry if this is well known, or an invalid request for some reason.
thanks
don
|    Don Fisher				  dfisher@as.arizona.edu  |
|    Steward Observatory		  			  |
|    933 N. Cherry Ave.    		  VOICE: (520)621-7647	  |
|    University of Arizona		  FAX:   (520)621-9843    |
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                				  |