* Simple binary output
@ 2008-09-07 21:24 Gary Partis
From: Gary Partis @ 2008-09-07 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I am after a simple bit of information, but I have searched the web to no avail…

I use i386-elf-gcc to generate a small elf files, using ‘-Ttext’ to specify the code location, then strip out the actual binary to create a raw executable. This works well ☺

However, I would like the BSS and DATA sections to be merged into the CODE section, such that the resultant binary covers all the memory used by the executable.

Is this at all possible, if so how?

Thanks in advance

--
Gary Partis
Partis Computing

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-09-07 21:24 UTC | newest]