* AST Problem
@ 2004-04-12 16:18 Sean Hsiao
From: Sean Hsiao @ 2004-04-12 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Sean Hsiao, a master student of Computer Science of Oklahoma
State University. My adviser, Dr. Istvan Jonyer, and I are doing a project.
We need to know some information about Abstract Syntax Tree. So, I need to
modify the original code of GCC to obtain the AST. However, there are too
many files, would you please tell me which file of GCC generates AST? Thank
you very much!!

Sincerely,

Sean Hsiao

* (newbie) - need help
@ 2004-04-12 17:07 ` kripa shankar
From: kripa shankar @ 2004-04-12 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all

Iam using arm-linux-gcc cross compiler with
simplescalar configured for arm processor in my
project.
my test program is test.c which is

int main
{
return 0;
}

and i compiled it as
arm-linux-gcc -o test.arm test.c

The size of the test.arm file is 949567 bytes. when i
execute the test.arm file in simplescalar as
"sim-outorder test.arm", its statistics shows that the
number of instructions in the test.arm file is 19747.
"sim: ** simulation statistics **
sim_num_insn  19747 # total number of instructions
committed"

I would like to know the following

1. why is the code bloating happening here???

2. The problem may be that the arm-linux-gcc loads all
its libraries in the output binary file. so is there
any option to compile a program with arm cross
compiler without loading all the libraries???

3. I downloaded all the cross compiler components from

http://www.simplescalar.com/v4test.html
"simplescalar arm cross compiler kit"..
so is there any better version or compiler kit
available for arm??

I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

regards
kripashankar

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html