* Can't find values-Xa.o when cross compiling
@ 2005-07-21 21:16 Mark Cuss
From: Mark Cuss @ 2005-07-21 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello All

I've built gcc-3.4.4 as a linux to Solaris (on SPARC) cross compiler.  If I
change my path to include my new compiler executables, I can compile and
link a simple "hello world" program.

However, I want to be able to specify the target architecture and compiler
version number with gcc's -b and -V flags.  When I try to build my program
using these flags, the system can't find values-Xa.o:
[mark@locutus helloworld]$ g++ -b sparc-sun-solaris2.9 -V 3.4.4 hello.cxx
/cdl/apps/.software/linux/gcc-3.4.4-x86-sparc/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.4.4/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin/ld:
values-Xa.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[mark@locutus helloworld]$

The file is in $sysroot/usr/lib (and $sysroot/usr/ccs/lib too).  $sysroot
was set as configure option when built gcc.  According to the docs, it looks
like $sysroot should be searched for the library & object files, but it
doesn't seem to work.  Even if I specify the path to the linker with -Wl,-L
<path>, it still can't find the file.  However, if I directly call gcc
instead of using -b and -V to call sparc-sun-solaris2.9-gcc, it works...
Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks
Mark

Mark Cuss, B. Sc.
Real Time Systems Analyst
System Administrator
CDL Systems Ltd
Suite 230
3553 - 31 Street NW
Calgary, AB, Canada

Phone: 403 289 1733 ext 226
Fax: 403 289 3967
www.cdlsystems.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-21 21:16 UTC | newest]