* Help in Configuring GCC
@ 2002-03-13 22:21 ©¿©¬ JGuevarra
From: ©¿©¬ JGuevarra @ 2002-03-13 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi All!

I am new to sun unix and after I installed sol8 I
found out that I have no compiler installed. I
downloaded a new version of GCC at GNU website and
tried to install it, unluckily theres a problem:

Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.
Created "Makefile" in /export/home0/local/gcc using
"mh-frag"
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not
installed
*** The command '/usr/ucb/cc -o conftest -g
conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler.

How can I compile a C compiler when there is actually
no compiler? How can I solved my problem? Can you send
me a much detailed solution to my problem.

You help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much,
JGuevarra

http://sports.yahoo.com/

* Re: Help in Configuring GCC
@ 2002-03-13 22:31 ` Frank Schafer
From: Frank Schafer @ 2002-03-13 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ryukenjoven; +Cc: help-gcc

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 07:21, ©¿©¬ JGuevarra wrote:
> Hi All!
>

> I am new to sun unix and after I installed sol8 I
> found out that I have no compiler installed. I
> downloaded a new version of GCC at GNU website and
> tried to install it, unluckily theres a problem:
>
> Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.
> Created "Makefile" in /export/home0/local/gcc using
> "mh-frag"
> /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not
> installed
> *** The command '/usr/ucb/cc -o conftest -g
> conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a
> working compiler.
>

> How can I compile a C compiler when there is actually
> no compiler?

That's simple, If You don't have a compiler you can't compile.

Nope!

Have a look at gnu.org or at sunfreeware.com. You should find a
precompiled version there.

Regards