From: Hassan Aurag <aurag@cae.com>
To: Andrew Stone <astone@brightlane.com>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Error: must operate on two scalar (not array) subexpressions
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I know this from experience. I got to port code written in Fortran ages
ago using g77 on linux/pc.

There is no fugly- that will let you compare chars to ints. Even IBM's
xlf does not support it.

It should not however be hard to write an implicit function that does
it. Will take a char*something and int*same thing and do the magic of
equivalence locally to check if they are equal.