* to include or not to include..
@ 2003-01-30 10:27 Christian Schaefer
From: Christian Schaefer @ 2003-01-30 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi there,
I am currently developing some small little app for the linux
environment, which I am not too familiar with but start to like it.

I recognized the following.
using gcc 3.2 I compile a source using 'strcpy()'.
if I do not include the string.h header file, it gives me a warning
but compiles with no error. if I do include it, I get no warning but the
size of the executable is much bigger.

I guess this means, that the needed libraries are linked at runtime if
not static and I wonder what is faster?

when its loaded on runtime it may gets cached, doesn't it?

*wonder*

regards
/christian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-30 10:27 UTC | newest]