* g77 and Lahey fortran 77
@ 2003-09-09  8:45 MR
From: MR @ 2003-09-09  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

HI GCC and G77 gurus,

I am interested in knowing how hard it will likely be to get
a fortran program written for dos in lahey fortran 77 to compile and
work under linux.

I have inherited a nice environmental model, that is badly in need of
updating, and restructuring.  I don't know much about fortran, but want
to incrementally convert it to c++.  It's a leisure time project, with
good potential to be useful.

Anyway, any advice greatly welcomed.

THanks,

Matt

* Re: g77 and Lahey fortran 77
@ 2003-09-10 20:47 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2003-09-10 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MR; +Cc: gcc

MR wrote:

> I am interested in knowing how hard it will likely be to get
> a fortran program written for dos in lahey fortran 77 to compile and
> work under linux.
>
> I have inherited a nice environmental model, that is badly in need of
> updating, and restructuring.  I don't know much about fortran, but want
> to incrementally convert it to c++.  It's a leisure time project, with
> good potential to be useful.

Just try to compile it and mail me any error messages you get.  I'll try to
explain them and try to assess whether the source is compilable by g77
at all.

Success !

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)

* Re: g77 and Lahey fortran 77
@ 2003-09-12  7:57   ` MR
From: MR @ 2003-09-12  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Thanks for the suggestions and help,

I find that the biggest issue seems to be the optional compiler
codes in the src....like C macros, but specific to
Lahey fortran.

They have a utility preprocessor to get rid of this stuff, but I have
not had much success yet.  I am not giving up though.

Thanks,

Matt