* gcc -c foo.S -o foo.o -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage not working?
@ 2004-07-23 14:27 Sebastien Decugis
From: Sebastien Decugis @ 2004-07-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I am trying to get some coverage information on a software, part of
which is written in (GNU) assembler.

I've experienced that:
$ gcc -c foo.c -o foo.o -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
produces the files foo.o and foo.gcno,
but
$ gcc -c foo.S -o foo.o -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
only produces foo.o

I'm using gcc 3.4.1 with no particular configure flags.

Is it a normal behavior or is there a bug in gcc? I could not find any
information in the gcc manual.

Thanks,
Sebastien.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-23 14:27 UTC | newest]