* Target Assembly
@ 2007-10-15  9:32 sivachandra
From: sivachandra @ 2007-10-15  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello all,

I am a GCC newbie...
We are doing a research on comparing processor architectures with respect to
few basic algorithms (like sorting, searching etc). We are aware of certain
kind of an assembly language which is emitted by gcc, targeted to the
processor of one's choice. We are not interested in porting GCC to our
specimen architectures, but are interested in the emitted assembly language.
Can someone throw light on what sort of an assembly language the following
snippet is (we think that it is something which is generated by GCC), and
where can we find the complete specification of such an assembly language.

<code>

	.text
	.globl	main
	.ent	main
main:
	.frame	sp,7 		# vars= 7, regs= 0, args= 0, extra= 0
	subi	sp,sp,7
	ldw	r8,7(sp)
	li	r7,123
	stw	r7,a
	la	r7,a
	stw	r7,b
	li	r7,0
	stw	r7,0(r8)
	addi	sp,sp,7
	return
	.end	main
	.globl	a
	.sdata
	.type	a,@object
	.size	a,1
a:
	.space	1
	.globl	b
	.type	b,@object
	.size	b,1
b:
	.space	1

</code>

Thanks in advance,
Siva Chandra

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-10-15  7:20 UTC | newest]