* what is the equivalent of -xM1(solaris compiler option) in gcc
@ 2013-03-28 10:17 nagarjun
From: nagarjun @ 2013-03-28 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm porting the C++ code from solaris to Linux.

Can anybody tell me what is the gcc equivalent of solaris -xM1 option.

In brief I have to replace */opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -xM1* with *g++ with
equivalent option*

Thanks

* Re: what is the equivalent of -xM1(solaris compiler option) in gcc
@ 2013-03-28 10:58 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2013-03-28 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nagarjun; +Cc: gcc-help

On 28 March 2013 10:17, nagarjun wrote:
> I'm porting the C++ code from solaris to Linux.
>
> Can anybody tell me what is the gcc equivalent of solaris -xM1 option.
>
> In brief I have to replace */opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -xM1* with *g++ with
> equivalent option*

It would help if you say what that option does for the Solaris compiler.

* Re: what is the equivalent of -xM1(solaris compiler option) in gcc
@ 2013-03-28 11:06   ` nagarjun
From: nagarjun @ 2013-03-28 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Got the following from solaris help doc:

Generates makefile dependencies like -xM, but excludes /usr/include files.

For example:

more hello.c
#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
    (void)printf(“hello\n”);
}
cc– xM hello.c
hello.o: hello.c
hello.o: /usr/include/stdio.h

Compiling with -xM1 does not report header file dependencies:

cc– xM1 hello.c
hello.o: hello.c

* Re: what is the equivalent of -xM1(solaris compiler option) in gcc
@ 2013-03-28 11:41   ` ikrabbe.ask
From: ikrabbe.ask @ 2013-03-28 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jwakely.gcc, nagarjunreddy.iit, gcc-help

If I remember right the -xM1 option is a Dependency Option.
Check the gcc manual for "PREPROCESSOR OPTIONS" -M{F,M,T,MD…}.

Cheers ingo

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4121 bytes --]

From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
To: nagarjun <nagarjunreddy.iit@gmail.com>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: what is the equivalent of -xM1(solaris compiler option) in gcc
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:58:29 +0000

@ 2013-03-28 16:04     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2013-03-28 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ikrabbe.ask; +Cc: nagarjunreddy.iit, gcc-help

On 28 March 2013 11:40,  ikrabbe.ask wrote:
> If I remember right the -xM1 option is a Dependency Option.
> Check the gcc manual for "PREPROCESSOR OPTIONS" -M{F,M,T,MD…}.

Riht, that would be
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#index-MM-962