* trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-10 15:59 ballsystemlord
From: ballsystemlord @ 2013-06-10 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm getting an error at compile time.
All the variables are declared and my glob sruct is declared like this:

struct glob_t globualation

I though I might use wordexp instead since it would be more suited to what
I'm doing but that fails with the same error exept it's wordexp's structure
that is the problem.

I also tried this to no avail.

Gcc complains that the struct size is unknown.

* Re: trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-10 16:13 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2013-06-10 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ballsystemlord; +Cc: gcc-help

On 10 June 2013 16:59, ballsystemlord wrote:
> I'm getting an error at compile time.
> All the variables are declared and my glob sruct is declared like this:
>
> struct glob_t globualation
>
> I though I might use wordexp instead since it would be more suited to what
> I'm doing but that fails with the same error exept it's wordexp's structure
> that is the problem.
>
> I also tried this to no avail.
>
> Gcc complains that the struct size is unknown.

Sounds like you didn't include glob.h but this isn't a GCC problem,
it's just code that doesn't work.

* Re: trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-10 17:47   ` ballsystemlord
From: ballsystemlord @ 2013-06-10 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I checked that three times before posting. The code is:

#include<glob.h>

To check this using the computer (as apposed to risking human error,) I got
rid of the code:

struct glob_t globulation

leaving behind the call to glob:

glob(args, no glob_t passed)

and got the response that I needed to pass glob a struct glob_t.

* Re: trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-10 18:02     ` ballsystemlord
From: ballsystemlord @ 2013-06-10 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Here's the code

#include <glob.h>
#include <wordexp.h>
#include "my-header.h"

//my-header.h brings in just a few headers like stdio.h and defines some
strucs I will be using.

/*This should eventually be called
sruct metadata filefinder(struct swches s, unsigned short int fileno, stop)
GLOB_NOMAGIC | GLOB_NOSORT | GLOB_NOESCAPE*/

struct metadata
{
    unsigned short int stop;
    unsigned char *file;
    unsigned short int size;
    unsigned char *name;
    unsigned char *permissions;
    //Format mmddyyyy
    unsigned short int date;
    //If applicable
    unsigned char *directory;
    unsigned short int itemsindir;
};

int main(void)
{
    char a[6] = "hello";
    char *char1 = a;
    struct glob_t globulation;
    //struct wordexp_t wordomatic;
    /*int errfunc(const char *filename, int errorcode)
    {
       return('\0');
    }

    int check = glob(char1, GLOB_NOMAGIC | GLOB_NOSORT | GLOB_NOESCAPE,\
    &errfunc, globulation);*/

    //int check = wordexp(char1, wordomatic, WRDE_UNDEF);

    if (check != 0)
    {
       return(1);
    }

    return(0);

* Re: trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-10 22:09       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2013-06-10 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ballsystemlord; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM, ballsystemlord <doark@mail.com> wrote:
> Here's the code

Thanks for providing the actual case.

>     struct glob_t globulation;

glob_t is not a struct.  Remove the "struct" keyword.

Ian

* Re: trouble using glob and wordexp
@ 2013-06-18 16:47         ` ballsystemlord
From: ballsystemlord @ 2013-06-18 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)