* RE: Need help in changing the register value for function value return
@ 2014-06-26 15:05 Sandeep Kumar Singh
From: Sandeep Kumar Singh @ 2014-06-26 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kavitha.manjunath; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Kavitha,

You may need to do check/modification in given below files, but why you want
change this default ABI specification?
* linux.h
* m68k.c
* m68kemb.h
* m68k.md
* netbsd-elf.h

Regards,
Sandeep Kumar Singh
Senior Technical member staff, AESBU - Infotainment & Clusters
KPIT Technologies Limited
Phone: +91-20-66525000 | cell: +91-9730704579

* Re: Need help in changing the register value for function value return
@ 2014-06-26 15:34 ` Kavitha Manjunath
From: Kavitha Manjunath @ 2014-06-26 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandeep Kumar Singh; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am working on a project for my school in which we are trying to support few features of HP OPEN VMS. I provided the D7 register number instead of D0 in m68k.h and m68k.c for macros such as FUNCTION_VALUE, FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P, and even included D7 in CALL_USED_REGISTERS. Seems like its not working. Also I tried changing the macros in linux.h. But it dint help too. I am unable to understand how is the processor actually working for the function return by value. I will try modifying the m68k.md and m68kemb.h files. In the meantime if you have anything to share regarding its working, it would be of great help. Thanks once again

Regards
Kavitha

@ 2014-06-29 17:32   ` Kavitha Manjunath
From: Kavitha Manjunath @ 2014-06-29 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandeep Kumar Singh; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Sandeep,

I tried modifying all the macro values for the registers
#define FUNCTION_VALUE(VALTYPE, FUNC)  \
  gen_rtx_REG (TYPE_MODE (VALTYPE), 7)
#define FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P(N) ((N) == 7)
The registers are still not changing. I used 1 for D7 in CALL_USED_REGISTERS too so that it doesnt get clobbered. Can you please let me know if I am missing anything wrt its understanding. Thanks in advance

Regards
Kavitha

       [not found] <1403741485.24760.YahooMailNeo@web122201.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
@ 2014-06-26 14:33 ` Kavitha Manjunath
From: Kavitha Manjunath @ 2014-06-26 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc-help

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the files/changes to be done in order to modify the default register D0 for function value return to D7. I am working on m68k(m68000) processor.

Regards
Kavitha