* Compiling GCC on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11 host
@ 2002-01-08  6:59 Jubin
From: Jubin @ 2002-01-08  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All,

I am trying to compile GCC on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11 host (HP UX) .

But while configuring its giving warning
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (conftest.o) was
detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.

Also during compiling its giving error and stopping. I followed all the
steps given the readme files

Any idea how can i solve this.

Regards
Jubin

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm

* Re: Compiling GCC on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11 host
@ 2002-01-08  9:37 ` law
From: law @ 2002-01-08  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jubin; +Cc: gcc-help

  > But while configuring its giving warning
  > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (conftest.o) was
  > detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
Right.   It's just telling you the resulting code may not work on older
(circa 1996) HP machines.  As long as you don't care about such machines
it's not a problem.

  > Also during compiling its giving error and stopping. I followed all the
  > steps given the readme files
You need to give specific details about the problem or nobody will really
be able to help you because they won't know precisely what's going wrong.
jeff

* Re: Compiling GCC on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11 host
@ 2002-01-08  7:15 Josh Perlmutter
From: Josh Perlmutter @ 2002-01-08  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jubind, gcc-help

when trying to get it to compile on 11i i was having a bunch of problems.
dling the one from hp allowed for installation, but that one has weird
quirks. i suggest getting that in order to make a native compiler. you can
get it here:

http://dsportal.eservices.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,547,00.html