* 2.95.2 libraries donŽt link using 3.x
@ 2002-07-18 10:12 Miguel Angel Núñez
From: Miguel Angel Núñez @ 2002-07-18 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello GCC experts,

I hope you can help me in this link problem that I donÂŽt know how to
solve.

I'm using some libraries that were developed for GCC 2.95.2. I was
using GCC 2.95.3 and everything was fine. My application was compiled
and linked perfectly.

Now I have to use GCC 3.x because of some source code I'm including
from www.vovida.org that needs this version of GCC. The application
is compiled, but at link time I get a lot of errors about undefined
symbols (all of them in the libraries for 2.95.2).

My question:
  Is there any modifier for having backwards compatibility? Compile
  3.x code, and link against 3.x libraries and 2.95.2 libraries.

  Is this possible?

Any other idea about how to overcome this problem is very welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Miguel Angel