* M2M Users Contact List
@ 2018-03-08 17:32 Michelle Stern
From: Michelle Stern @ 2018-03-08 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Hope you having a great day!

I just wanted to be aware if you would be interested in acquiring M2M Users Contact List for marketing your product or service.

These are the fields that we provide for each contacts: Names, Title, Email, Contact Number, Company Name, Company URL, and Company physical location, SIC Code, Industry and Company Size (Revenue and Employee).

Kindly review and let me be aware of your interest so that I can get back to you with the exact counts and more info regarding the same.

Do let me be aware if you have any questions for me.

Regards,

Michelle Stern

Database Executive

If you do not wish to receive these emails. Please respond Exit.

* Re: M2M Users Contact List
@ 2018-03-08 17:44 ` Michael Powell
From: Michael Powell @ 2018-03-08 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-help

Again, how is this appropriate for the list?

@ 2018-03-08 17:56   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-03-08 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Powell; +Cc: GCC-help

On 8 March 2018 at 17:44, Michael Powell wrote:
> Again, how is this appropriate for the list?

It's not, but this list is not moderated, we can't control what people
send to it, and automated spam filters are imperfect.

From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-03-08 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Powell; +Cc: GCC-help

Feel free to email her back and ask her to stop, but you'll probably
just put yourself on their list of people to spam.

@ 2018-03-08 18:04       ` Michael Powell
From: Michael Powell @ 2018-03-08 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-help

Or, improve the spam filters, etc, of the list.

@ 2018-03-08 18:09   ` Paul Smith
From: Paul Smith @ 2018-03-08 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Powell, GCC-help

On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 12:44 -0500, Michael Powell wrote:
> Again, how is this appropriate for the list?

Jonathan already explained last time that the list is unmoderated, so
any messages that aren't caught by automated spam filters will go
through to the list.  Life is not perfect.

However, you are making life here much less perfect by resending THE
ENTIRE SPAM MESSAGE back to the list, quoted in your reply.  My
personal bogofilter caught the original spam, but not your reply.

If you want to continue to publicly question things which have been
explained as not solvable (without reworking the list management),
please at least do us the courtesy of trimming out the spam from YOUR
email.

Thanks!