* Missing Shared Libraires
@ 2002-04-24 16:25 David Stroupe
From: David Stroupe @ 2002-04-24 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am building gcc 3.0.4 on an x86 redhat 7.2 system.  The build seems to
go well as does the install.  I can compile and link my apps but when
running them I get an error:

error while loading shared libraries:  libstdc++.s0.3:  cannot open
shared object file:  No such file or directory

My configuration looks like:

Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.4/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.0.4/configure --enable-threads=posix
--enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared=libgcc,libstdc++
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.0.4

What do I need to do to create/use the shared libraries

TIA
David

--
Best regards,
David Stroupe

* Re: Missing Shared Libraires
@ 2002-04-25  5:56 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2002-04-25  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stroupe; +Cc: gcc-help

    David> I am building gcc 3.0.4 on an x86 redhat 7.2 system.  The
    David> build seems to go well as does the install.  I can compile
    David> and link my apps but when running them I get an error:

    David> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.s0.3:
    David> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You need to configure/tell the dynamic loader where it can find the
libstdc++.so.3 library. In your case it is most likely in /usr/local/lib.

Either adapt and export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH shell variable to include
the location of the library or add the location to /etc/ld.so.conf and
run ldconfig.

HTH
Claudio