* Floating Point Support
@ 2008-02-11 20:26 PatrickClarityMicro
From: PatrickClarityMicro @ 2008-02-11 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am new at using GNU tools, so please forgive this elementary question.

I am trying to test software floating point math for an ARM processor. When
compiling with floating point variables, compilation occurs without errors.
However, when linking, I receive the message:

Undefined external: _adds32 not found (Or _addds32 not found, _extendd32,
etc.).

Clearly I am missing a library, but I cannot find which library I need to
link that has these routines. I have libc.a and libm.a, but do not know what
else to include. Can anyone help me find the correct library?

Thanks.

* Re: Floating Point Support
@ 2008-02-12 20:04 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-02-12 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PatrickClarityMicro; +Cc: gcc-help

PatrickClarityMicro <patrick@claritymicrosolutions.com> writes:

> I am new at using GNU tools, so please forgive this elementary question.
>
> I am trying to test software floating point math for an ARM processor. When
> compiling with floating point variables, compilation occurs without errors.
> However, when linking, I receive the message:
>
> Undefined external: _adds32 not found (Or _addds32 not found, _extendd32,
> etc.).

Those names do not sound like names generated by gcc.  Are you sure
you are using gcc?  Have you included any objects or libraries
compiled by other compilers?

> Clearly I am missing a library, but I cannot find which library I need to
> link that has these routines. I have libc.a and libm.a, but do not know what
> else to include. Can anyone help me find the correct library?

Normally for gcc this type of thing would be in libgcc.  When you link
with gcc, libgcc should be included automatically.

Ian

* Re: Floating Point Support
@ 2008-03-28 20:51 ` PatrickClarityMicro
From: PatrickClarityMicro @ 2008-03-28 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I was able to find the correct library. I was missing libgcc.a.

Thanks for help.

Patrick
http://www.claritymicrosolutions.com/ Clarity Microsolutions: Embedded
Software and Firmware Consulting