* Several GCC Versions
@ 2006-10-26 10:32 Johan Santos
From: Johan Santos @ 2006-10-26 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.
I have instaled GCC 4.1 and the suse 10.1 in my amd 64. Now i need to intall
de gcc 2.95 for using the tool c++ code testing  (c++test).
In another pc i have intaled the gentoo distribution and there is possibel
have severeal versions of gcc in the same pc, i supose that in suse this is
possibel also. I need to know the form to do that.

Can somebody help me?
Thanks in advance.

Johan Santos
DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.

* Re: Several GCC Versions
@ 2006-10-26 11:17 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2006-10-26 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Santos; +Cc: gcc-help

Johan Santos writes:

 > I have instaled GCC 4.1 and the suse 10.1 in my amd 64. Now i need
 > to intall de gcc 2.95 for using the tool c++ code testing
 > (c++test).  In another pc i have intaled the gentoo distribution
 > and there is possibel have severeal versions of gcc in the same pc,
 > i supose that in suse this is possibel also. I need to know the
 > form to do that.

gcc 2.95 is too old for AMD 64.  Getting it to run on the 32-bit
subsystem is possible, but will be tricky.  If you have no experience in
this area, you my be better hiring an expert.

Build and install the compiler, as per the instructions at
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html.  Set the --prefix option to
wherever you want gcc installed.

Something like this may work:

~/gcc/gcc-2.95.3/configure --prefix=/tmp/gcc-2.95.3 --target=i386-linux-gnu --host=i386-linux-gnu --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-as=$HOME/bin/as

You'll need a 32-bit assembler installed somewhere; here I put it in $HOME/bin/as.

Andrew.