* What happens when -O1 flag is used?
@ 2007-02-23 12:40 ranjith kumar
From: ranjith kumar @ 2007-02-23 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
   1)Are -O and -O1 flags  equal?
   2) What happens internally when -O1/-O flag is
used?
      I have been searching gcc internal manuals. But
I could not locate.
  Where can I find it.Any help please.

Thanks in advance.

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

* Re: What happens when -O1 flag is used?
@ 2007-02-27 10:04 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2007-02-27 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar; +Cc: gcc-help

ranjith kumar writes:
 > Hi,
 >    1)Are -O and -O1 flags  equal?

Yes.

 >    2) What happens internally when -O1/-O flag is
 > used?

The variable "optimize" is set to 1.

 >       I have been searching gcc internal manuals. But
 > I could not locate.
 >   Where can I find it.Any help please.

Read the source, Luke Skywalker.

Andrew.

* Re: What happens when -O1 flag is used?
@ 2007-02-23 18:40 ` Segher Boessenkool
From: Segher Boessenkool @ 2007-02-23 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar; +Cc: gcc-help

>    1)Are -O and -O1 flags  equal?

Yes.

>    2) What happens internally when -O1/-O flag is
> used?

Lots of stuff, read the source code; gcc/opts.c is a
good starting point.  The "optimize" variable is set
to the optimisation level.

>       I have been searching gcc internal manuals. But
> I could not locate.

The internals manual is not a replacement for the source
code; the manual is meant to help understanding and modifying
the source code.

Have fun and good luck,

Segher

* What happens when -O1 flag is used?