* Re: building gcc 4.2.0
@ 2007-05-31 17:49 Bill McEnaney
From: Bill McEnaney @ 2007-05-31 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley, Bill McEnaney, gcc-help

Thanks, Andrew.  I'll do that,  I don't use Java, but since Tamino
complained about recursion, something already has failed.  I probably
built an up to date version of gcc 4.2.0 because I ftped it from
ftp.gnu.org, not from a mirror site.

Bill

> Bill McEnaney writes:
>
>  > Gcc 4.2.0's C compiler works, but while Tamino built gcc, "he"
>  > complained about something recursive.  From what I've read on the
>  > web, the complaint is about Java. Does anybody know what I need to
>  > do to make each part of gcc 4.2.0 build cleanly?
>
> It should build as it is.  Let us know if anything fails.
>
> Andrew.

Please visit a saintly hero:
http://www.jakemoore.org

And a boy with a wonderful wish:
http://shaneswish.com/

* Re: building gcc 4.2.0
@ 2007-05-31 23:06 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2007-05-31 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill McEnaney; +Cc: gcc-help

Bill McEnaney writes:
 > Thanks, Andrew.  I'll do that,  I don't use Java, but since Tamino
 > complained about recursion, something already has failed.  I probably
 > built an up to date version of gcc 4.2.0 because I ftped it from
 > ftp.gnu.org, not from a mirror site.

I'm Java maintainer, so I am really interested to know if Java fails.

Andrew.

* Re: building gcc 4.2.0
@ 2007-05-31 23:16 Bill McEnaney
From: Bill McEnaney @ 2007-05-31 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley, gcc-help

Tamino, my ol' Sun slowpoke, is building gcc-4.2.0 while I type and
recording the text output with the "script" command.  If Tamino
complains again, I'll e-mail the complaint to the list.

@ 2007-05-31 17:38 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2007-05-31 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill McEnaney; +Cc: gcc-help

Bill McEnaney writes:

 > Gcc 4.2.0's C compiler works, but while Tamino built gcc, "he"
 > complained about something recursive.  From what I've read on the
 > web, the complaint is about Java. Does anybody know what I need to
 > do to make each part of gcc 4.2.0 build cleanly?

It should build as it is.  Let us know if anything fails.

Andrew.

* building gcc 4.2.0
@ 2007-05-31 17:32 Bill McEnaney