* Ask for help
@ 1999-09-26 17:36 Haifeng (Tommy) Shen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Haifeng (Tommy) Shen @ 1999-09-26 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gcc; +Cc: help-gcc

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me how to redirect compling results to a file? I cannot
find an option similar to "Xstdout" in javac by which compiling results
can be redirected to a file.

Thanks,
Tommy

* Ask for help
@ 2009-03-17 14:45 Wei, Wanxia
From: Wei, Wanxia @ 2009-03-17 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am sorry I met a problem when I used gcc to compile my C program and ran the
executables on servers. I compiled my C program with the following two different ways
with different options.

gcc -m32 -O3 -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -static –lm

gcc -m32 –O3 –lm

My problem is that the two executables obtained by using the above two ways have the
same performance on some inputs but have different performance on other inputs. I am
sorry I do not know whether executables with different options should always have the
same performance if the parameters are the same when executing these two executables.
If two executables with different options should always have the same performance, the
different performance of the two executables of my C program means there are bugs in
this program?

Thank you for your time and help.

Yours sincerely,

Wanxia Wei