* sig11 when compiling gcc (2.95/2.95.1/egcs-1.1.2) - software problem
@ 1999-09-05 22:36 jwk
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: jwk @ 1999-09-05 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

All gcc versions I tried die when using xgcc for the first time. Now I
know this is a software problem, since on a clean RH 5.2 install on
another partition I can compile 20 times without error, and if I chroot
to that partition, things also work well.

Now to the solution: does anybody have any hints what to check first? I
cleaned out all remnants of gcc-installations from /usr/local/bin, what
should be next? Checking /usr/bin, or checking libraries - if so, which
ones?

I hope someone more knowledgable than me has any ideas here - the
prospect of re-installation is a bit daunting....

Jurriaan