From: "Patrick Block" <panic@apexmail.com>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GCC and Windows 98
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Stef:

I'm running windows 98 and gcc for win32.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here.

What I'd do is this:

make a hello program (like with Notepad) like this:

#include <stdio.h>
int main ()
{
printf ("hello!\n\nPress enter");
getchar ();
return 0;
}

after you write that, save it as hello.c
then get an MSDos prompt and go to the directory where you saved it, and
type:

gcc -luser32 -o hello.exe hello.c

This will link in the library for console applications and tell the compiler
to give the end product the name "hello.exe".

Then you'll be able to run the program from the command line or from
Explorer.

Make sure gcc has been added to your path.

Hope that helps. Feel free to email me at

mailto: panic@apexmail.com

news: 7qovlu$j55$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk ...