* Cross gcc 2.95.1 for sh-coff target
@ 1999-10-21  3:58 Alessandro Valenti
From: Alessandro Valenti @ 1999-10-21  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

I have tried to build a gcc cross compiler for sh-coff target from
source using a i586-pc-gnu-linux host.
I have configured and builded the binutils with success.
Then I would like to build the gcc too (2.95.1) but, after a
successfully configure, the make command return an error.
The error is due to an attempt to compile an sh asm file with the host's
as and not the target's one.

Has someone any experience of this problem?

Thank You in advance

Alessandro

* Re: Cross gcc 2.95.1 for sh-coff target
@ 1999-10-21 11:51 ` Bruce Robinson
From: Bruce Robinson @ 1999-10-21 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Try using --with-gnu-as and --with-gnu-ld when you configure GCC.
In the cross builds I've done, this causes make it to look for
executables named <target>-as and <target>-ld, or as and ld in
/usr/local/<target>

Good Luck

@ 1999-10-31 13:57 ` Alessandro Valenti
From: Alessandro Valenti @ 1999-10-31 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)