* gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-09-17 17:18 Ron Tang
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-09-17 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Greetings,

I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.

I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
base directory.

According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
% cd target_dir
% source_dir/configure [target] [option]

However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-09-17 21:15 ` steve
                     ` (2 more replies)
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: steve @ 1999-09-17 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on sunfreeware.com
or email me for help on these packages.

Steve Christensen
sunfreeware.com

In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang" <rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
>Greetings,
>
>I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
>
>I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
>the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
>base directory.
>
>According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
>% cd target_dir
>% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
>
>However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
>base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
>or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
>Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-09-18 14:36   ` Ron Tang
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-09-18 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi,  With Steve's help, I copied all GCC related folders, bin, doc, info,
etc,
from my base directory to /usr/local.  It works great.

Thanks.

Ron

Steve Christensen <steve@smc.vnet.net> wrote in message
news: 7rv36s$naa$1@dragonfly.wolfram.com ...
> You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
> the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on
sunfreeware.com
> or email me for help on these packages.
>
> Steve Christensen
> sunfreeware.com
>
> In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang"
<rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
> >
> >I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
> >the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
> >base directory.
> >
> >According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
> >% cd target_dir
> >% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
> >
> >However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
> >base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
> >or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
> >Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> >Thanks for your suggestions.
> >
> >Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-09-30 23:56     ` Ron Tang
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-09-30 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi,  With Steve's help, I copied all GCC related folders, bin, doc, info,
etc,
from my base directory to /usr/local.  It works great.

Thanks.

Ron

Steve Christensen <steve@smc.vnet.net> wrote in message
news: 7rv36s$naa$1@dragonfly.wolfram.com ...
> You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
> the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on
sunfreeware.com
> or email me for help on these packages.
>
> Steve Christensen
> sunfreeware.com
>
> In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang"
<rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
> >
> >I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
> >the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
> >base directory.
> >
> >According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
> >% cd target_dir
> >% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
> >
> >However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
> >base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
> >or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
> >Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> >Thanks for your suggestions.
> >
> >Ron

* gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-09-30 23:56 ` Ron Tang
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-09-30 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

@ 1999-09-30 23:56   ` Steve Christensen
From: Steve Christensen @ 1999-09-30 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on sunfreeware.com
or email me for help on these packages.

Steve Christensen
sunfreeware.com

In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang" <rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
>Greetings,
>
>I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
>
>I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
>the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
>base directory.
>
>According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
>% cd target_dir
>% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
>
>However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
>base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
>or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
>Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-10-01  0:00     ` Ron Tang
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi,  With Steve's help, I copied all GCC related folders, bin, doc, info,
etc,
from my base directory to /usr/local.  It works great.

Thanks.

Ron

Steve Christensen <steve@smc.vnet.net> wrote in message
news: 7rv36s$naa$1@dragonfly.wolfram.com ...
> You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
> the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on
sunfreeware.com
> or email me for help on these packages.
>
> Steve Christensen
> sunfreeware.com
>
> In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang"
<rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
> >
> >I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
> >the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
> >base directory.
> >
> >According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
> >% cd target_dir
> >% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
> >
> >However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
> >base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
> >or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
> >Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> >Thanks for your suggestions.
> >
> >Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-10-01  0:00   ` steve
From: steve @ 1999-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

You downloaded gcc-2.95-sol25-sparc-local.gz which is precompiled and NOT
the sources.   Read the Downloading/Installation and FAQ links on sunfreeware.com
or email me for help on these packages.

Steve Christensen
sunfreeware.com

In article < vOAE3.249$wP5.16148@news.connectnet.com >, "Ron Tang" <rtang@pcimail.com> writes:
>Greetings,
>
>I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
>
>I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
>the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
>base directory.
>
>According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
>% cd target_dir
>% source_dir/configure [target] [option]
>
>However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
>base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
>or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
>Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>Ron

* gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-10-01  0:00 ` Ron Tang
From: Ron Tang @ 1999-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Greetings,

I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.

I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
base directory.

According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
% cd target_dir
% source_dir/configure [target] [option]

However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-10-01  8:42 ` Sandeep M. Yelwatkar
From: Sandeep M. Yelwatkar @ 1999-10-01  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi,
    Just now I went through the instruction for installing gcc-2.92 on
solaris.
    Well, according to the document  you probably need to pkgadd the
file to /usr/local directory and not to /usr/local/GNU. May be you can
try this and reply me back. In fact I am in the process of compiling the
gcc source code onto solaris 7 and encountered some problem with
installing.
    If your problem is solved, I will proceed in the same way.

Good luck.
Sandeep.

Ron Tang wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to install gcc2.95 on my Solaris 2.51 box.
>
> I downloaded the *.gz file from sunfreeware.com, gunzipped
> the file, then pkgadd(ed) the file to /usr/local/GNU as gcc's
> base directory.
>
> According to the *configuration* instruction, I should now:
> % cd target_dir
> % source_dir/configure [target] [option]
>
> However, there is no *configure* script anywhere in my
> base directory.  Also the instruction said I should have CC
> or GCC in my path.  The only cc I have is in /usr/ucb.
> Am I on the right track?  Can anyone shed some light?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Ron

* Re: gcc-2.95 on Solaris2.5
@ 1999-10-31 13:57   ` Sandeep M. Yelwatkar