* Multi-processor Switch for Compiling and Linking
@ 1999-11-03 11:03 Stewart Pelegan
From: Stewart Pelegan @ 1999-11-03 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Is there a switch that can be used to tell either gcc or g++ to take
advantage of your multiprocessor environment?

I've got an UltraSPARC 10 and an UltraSPARC 60.  The Ultra10 has 128MB of RAM
and one processor and the Ultra60 has 512MB and two processors.
Compiling and linking code seems to take about the same amount of time
on both boxes.  Is there anything I can do on the Ultra60 to speed up compiling
and linking?  Thanks.

Stewart Pelegan <spelegan@csc.com>
Computer Sciences Corporation
301.921.3206
Fax: 301.840.8934

* Re: Multi-processor Switch for Compiling and Linking
@ 1999-11-04  1:18 ` Joerg Faschingbauer
From: Joerg Faschingbauer @ 1999-11-04  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

speleganSpAmNoTmE@csc.com (Stewart Pelegan) writes:

> Is there a switch that can be used to tell either gcc or g++ to take
> advantage of your multiprocessor environment?
>
> I've got an UltraSPARC 10 and an UltraSPARC 60.  The Ultra10 has 128MB of RAM
> and one processor and the Ultra60 has 512MB and two processors.
> Compiling and linking code seems to take about the same amount of time
> on both boxes.  Is there anything I can do on the Ultra60 to speed up compiling
> and linking?  Thanks.

gcc has no such option that I know of. GNU make has the -j option that
you might want to use.

Joerg

* Multi-processor Switch for Compiling and Linking
@ 1999-11-30 23:28 ` Stewart Pelegan
From: Stewart Pelegan @ 1999-11-30 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

@ 1999-11-30 23:28   ` Joerg Faschingbauer