* building gcc fails with *** multiple target patterns
@ 1999-11-23  9:54 Ray.Hoff
From: Ray.Hoff @ 1999-11-23  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

All,

I am trying to build gcc 2.95.2 on Aix 4.2.  However after a successful
configure I receive the following when executing "make bootstrap"

Makefile:1724: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

I am using GNU make (3.78.1) which the EGCS doc states is the best to
use.  On a side note the BSD make that comes with AIX 4.2 does not
issue this error and successfully executes.  Does anybody have a clue
what is going on?  Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: building gcc fails with *** multiple target patterns
@ 1999-11-23 11:24 ` Paul D. Smith
From: Paul D. Smith @ 1999-11-23 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

%% Ray.Hoff@motorola.com writes:

  rh> I am trying to build gcc 2.95.2 on Aix 4.2.  However after a successful
  rh> configure I receive the following when executing "make bootstrap"

  rh> Makefile:1724: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

What does line 1724 of your Makefile look like?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development

* Re: building gcc fails with *** multiple target patterns
@ 1999-11-24  8:04   ` Ray.Hoff
From: Ray.Hoff @ 1999-11-24  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

The following is line 1724:

Makefile: Makefile.in configure.in $(host_makefile_frag)
$(target_makefile_frag) $(gcc_version_trigg
er)

In article < p54sedvx29.fsf@baynetworks.com >,
  psmith@baynetworks.com wrote:
> %% Ray.Hoff@motorola.com writes:
>
>   rh> I am trying to build gcc 2.95.2 on Aix 4.2.  However after a
successful
>   rh> configure I receive the following when executing "make
bootstrap"

>   rh> Makefile:1724: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
>
> What does line 1724 of your Makefile look like?
>
> --
---------
>  Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management
Development
>  "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad
Scientist

@ 1999-11-30 23:28     ` Ray.Hoff
From: Ray.Hoff @ 1999-11-30 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc