* need tutorial for writing Makefiles
@ 1999-11-26 10:36 oneself
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: oneself @ 1999-11-26 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi!

I've just recently started using Linux as a development platform
and I was looking for a beginners tutorial for writing Makefiles.

                    thanks.

* Re: need tutorial for writing Makefiles
@ 1999-11-26 11:18 ` Gordon A. Runkle
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Gordon A. Runkle @ 1999-11-26 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

oneself wrote:
> I've just recently started using Linux as a development platform
> and I was looking for a beginners tutorial for writing Makefiles.

Welcome aboard!

"Managing Projects with make" by O'Reilly ( http://www.oreilly.com ) is a
pretty good book.

Gordon.
--
It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.
   -- Greg LeMond

* Re: need tutorial for writing Makefiles
@ 1999-11-26 15:02 ` Rick Dearman
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rick Dearman @ 1999-11-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Sorry I mean THIS web page!
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/ug/larger/makefiles.html ( Guide )

From: Rick Dearman @ 1999-11-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

oneself wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just recently started using Linux as a development platform
> and I was looking for a beginners tutorial for writing Makefiles.
>
>                     thanks.

Get the O'Reilly book if you are going to get serious. But for a starter
read this webpage

* Re: need tutorial for writing Makefiles
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-11-28  0:47 ` Maurizio Loreti
From: Maurizio Loreti @ 1999-11-28  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

oneself <oneself@usa.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've just recently started using Linux as a development platform
> and I was looking for a beginners tutorial for writing Makefiles.
>
>                     thanks.

GNU make comes with a full documentation -- a printable manual (in
PostScript) of a few hundred pages ...

--
Maurizio Loreti                         http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html
Univ. of Padova, Dept. of Physics - Padova, Italy            loreti@pd.infn.it