* Re: Problem In compiling C++ codes
@ 2001-02-23 10:13 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-23 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/23/2001 01:13 PM ---------------------------

AREF ABOULHOSN
02/23/2001 08:55 AM

To:   David T-G <davidtg@bigfoot.com>
cc:

Subject:  Re: Problem In compiling C++ codes  (Document link: AREF
      ABOULHOSN)

Hello Sherry and David

I tried all the procedures you gave me, Thank you very much  for your help
( But I still having some problem)
That's where I am now.
The problem is:
 when I Type :   a.out       or         ./a.out

 It works for   C  and runs the program

But , when, I compile in C++   ,   no errors,   But, when I  type:    a.out
or   ./a.out
It give me  this Error:
ld.so.1 :  a.out:  fatal:  libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open failed: No such file
or directory

I checked my PATH:
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/:/usr/local/lib

libstdc++.so.2.10.0   exist under    this directory:
/usr/local/lib

I tired to copy : libstdc++.so.2.10.0  to the directory where  a.out is  ,
(as a test)it does not help
Thank you
I appreciate it if you , continue working with me until I resolve this
problem

AREF

* Re: Problem In compiling C++ codes
@ 2001-02-23 10:12 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-23 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/23/2001 01:11 PM ---------------------------

AREF ABOULHOSN
02/23/2001 01:10 PM

To:   help-gcc@gnu.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: Problem In compiling C++ codes

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/23/2001 01:10 PM ---------------------------

AREF ABOULHOSN
02/22/2001 01:49 PM

To:   sherry <sherry@zeroknowledge.com>
cc:

      ABOULHOSN)

I appreciate your response.

  1)   I  Tried to put  the whole path in my C++ program like this:
        #include   <path directory for my header file/iostream.h>

   and tried to compile, it does not work.
  is there any other way, to include the path  name ?

 2)  If I have  an : a.out     execuatble file
       when I type:  a.out     It does not find the link library

 3)  what is the extension for the source file , in C++ and how to compile
it ?

       I know  for my C program, example:

filename.c
To compile :    gcc    filename.c

Thank you

* Problem In compiling C++ codes
@ 2001-02-22  9:37 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-22  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gcc

Hello

  May name is : AREF ABOULHOSN

  I have a problem compiling my C++ code, I will appreciate it if you can
help me solve this problem.

  I installed , gcc 2.9.5.2   package on  SOL  7 ,  Intel.
  I was able to compile   C code   , and run the program   (NO PROBLEMS)

   when, I try  to compile my C++ code , I get  an ERROR Message, Cannot
fin   : iostream.h    (file)
   and the file is there in the include dirctory.

  If , you can give me some help , I appreciate it.

My E-mail is   :
aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com

Thanks
AREF