* Unable to compile gcc 2.95.3 on NCR 4.0
@ 2001-04-02  4:47 Brother Tuck
From: Brother Tuck @ 2001-04-02  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hi,
I'm just trying to compile gcc 2.95.3 on i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03.
Compiling the gcc using an old gcc 2.7.2.x I get a coredump when the file
gencheck is launched. This segmentation fault occured only if the tools
gencheck is compiled using stage1.
My second test was to compile gcc using the c native compiler:

NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-98, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-98, MetaWare Incoporated

Here I get a compilation error because INT_MAX, which is normally define in
the file gcc/glimits.h, is not defined. Ok, I can correct such errors but
the problem is that normally the definition of INT_MAX should read from
glimits.h but in this case that means that INT_MAX is already defined or no
definitions use in glimits.h is used.

If someone have found the same problem on NCR or another system, please tell
what's wrong and howto correct this problem safely.

Regards,
Emmanuel Soden

* Re: Unable to compile gcc 2.95.3 on NCR 4.0
@ 2001-04-02 12:07 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-04-02 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brother Tuck; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

> I'm just trying to compile gcc 2.95.3 on i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03.

Presumably this platform was never tested.  Could you try 2.95.2 and
see if that works?  If neither work, then I guess the thing will have
to be ported to work on your platform.

* Re: Unable to compile gcc 2.95.3 on NCR 4.0
@ 2001-04-02 14:53   ` Emmanuel Soden
From: Emmanuel Soden @ 2001-04-02 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

> > I'm just trying to compile gcc 2.95.3 on i586-ncr-sysv4.3.03.
>
> Presumably this platform was never tested.  Could you try 2.95.2 and
> see if that works?  If neither work, then I guess the thing will have
> to be ported to work on your platform.

I have tested both gcc 2.95.2 and 2.95.3 and with the same result.
I guess that port should be interresting for me.

@ 2001-04-02 14:56     ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-04-02 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Soden; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

Emmanuel Soden writes:
> I have tested both gcc 2.95.2 and 2.95.3 and with the same result.
> I guess that port should be interresting for me.

There are not many such machines in the world, and none of the active gcc
maintainers have one AFAIK.  If you want it to run, you may need to help
figure out what the problem is.

* Re: Unable to compile gcc 2.95.3 on NCR 4.0
@ 2001-04-04  5:39 Brother Tuck
From: Brother Tuck @ 2001-04-04  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tanes73, jbuck, gcc, gcc-help

Thank's a lot for your help I have successfully compiled the gcc.
I think that the method to compile a gcc on NCR should in the specific.txt
document. It would be interresting that the gcc team add the tips from
Tanes.
Regards,
Emmanuel Soden

@ 2001-04-03 19:35 Tanes Sriviroolchai