* Solaris/POSIX/DCE thread models
@ 2001-09-21  8:48 Ed Hammond
From: Ed Hammond @ 2001-09-21  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

We're experimenting with gcc/g++ 3.0.1 to compile C/C++
programs that use various thread models.  We have code
that uses "native Solaris 5.8" threads, and then other
code that uses "IBM/DCE 3.1 for Solaris" pthreads
(based on the TOG-OSF/DCE 1.2.2 pthreads which
conforms to POSIX 1003.4a draft 4 standards).

We've been reading the mail lists and documentation
extensivly but don't seem to be having much success
in getting things to work together :-(

Using the guide http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html ,
we have been attempting to build multiple instances of
the compiler with various --enable-thread= options,
but haven't been successful with the =dce value...

So we are wondering:

  - What might be the options we could use to
    compile programs with varying thread models?

  - If multiple instances of gcc/g++ are needed,
    has anyone been successful with DCE on Solaris?
    (or even GCC 3.0.1 with DCE on any platform)
    If so would you share your insights?

  - Are there extra options that we might use/consider
    given a code base that builds currently using
    Sun's CC4.2 compiler?  Any porting hints around?

Any exeriences/ideas that could
help would be very much appreciated!
 Thanks,
    Ed Hammond

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-21  8:48 UTC | newest]