* GCC source code
@ 2001-10-16  9:48 Ahsan Kamal
From: Ahsan Kamal @ 2001-10-16  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hey,

I am a CS doing my final year project realted to a C compiler for a parallel processor. The major portion of the project includes code optimization. Due to limited time I was hoping to use a front-end for my compiler. Is there any way to use GCC as the front-end, if there is then how can I extract the front end from the whole compiler. And lastly, can I get the source code for GNU C Compiler.

Thanx

Ahsan Kamal

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Have you downloaded the latest calling software from Net2Phone? Click here to get it now!

* RE: GCC source code
@ 2001-10-18  0:42 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2001-10-18  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ahsan Kamal'; +Cc: help-gcc

Ahsan Kamal wrote:

> I am a CS doing my final year project realted to a C compiler
> for a parallel processor.

That's a popular subject recently :-)

> The major portion of the project includes code optimization. Due to
> limited time I was hoping to use a front-end for my compiler. Is
> there any way to use GCC as the front-end, if there is then how can
> I extract the front end from the whole compiler.

You probably don't want to do that.

The GCC front ends currently generate an intermediary representation of
the code called 'RTL'. Rather than invent your own, it's probably easier
to work with this and just replace or augment the optimisation passes of
the compiler. You'll also need a code generation phase; GCC contains a
generic code generation backend customised by the code and by the .md
(machine description) files in the gcc/config subdirectories where you
can configure/enhance the compiler to support your specific case.

Probably the best thing to do, though, if you'd like to separate out the
compiler passes, is to read gcc/toplev.c

> And lastly, can I get the source code for GNU C Compiler.

Yes, from any GNU mirror in the 'gcc' directory. You can follow links
from http://gcc.gnu.org/ .

If you'd like to develop against the most-recent-stable version of GCC
then look for 'download/releases'. If you'd like to work with the
development version, look for 'development/CVS read access'. If you're
planning to contribute any improvements you make in your project back to
GCC then it would be easier to use the development version.

Rup.

* Re: gcc source code
@ 2007-03-22 20:16     ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2007-03-22 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar, MSX to GCC

Hi ranjith,

You can find the closest GNU or Mirror site to you here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: gcc source code
@ 2007-03-22 18:22   ` ranjith kumar
From: ranjith kumar @ 2007-03-22 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Love-Jensen, gcc-help

I got the following error. I am in India(I hope this
information may help). Would you please send some
other link.
ERROR

An FTP protocol error occurred while trying to
retrieve the URL: ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/gnu/gcc/

Squid sent the following FTP command:

Connect to server

and then received this reply

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:15:10 GMT by
netmon.iitb.ac.in (squid/2.6.STABLE11)
--- John Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi ranjith,
>
> Try this UK mirror:
> ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.2/

> HTH,
> --Eljay

* Re: gcc source code
@ 2007-03-22 17:01 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2007-03-22 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar, MSX to GCC

Hi ranjith,

Try this UK mirror:
ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.2/

HTH,
--Eljay

* gcc source code
@ 2007-03-22 16:46 ranjith kumar
From: ranjith kumar @ 2007-03-22 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I want to install gcc 4.1.2.
Where can I get source file?
I tried to follow some links in gcc.gnu.org.
But I could not locate.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: gcc source code
@ 2003-09-04  0:38 ` Erik Christiansen
From: Erik Christiansen @ 2003-09-04  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ????; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:32:52PM +0800, ???? wrote:

> I would like to have the GCC 3.3.1 source code, can you help with it?

Try http://gcc.gnu.org/

You may find a mirror closer to home.

Erik

* gcc source code