* RE: g++ in 3.0.2
@ 2001-11-07  5:31 Venkatesh, Vangal
From: Venkatesh, Vangal @ 2001-11-07  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Paolo Carlini'; +Cc: gcc-help

Paolo,
      I have figured out the problem. gcc 2.96 will compile this file ok but
not 3.0.2 as main has to return an int.

#include <iostream.h>

void main(){
   cout << "Hello World" << endl;

Vangal

* RE: g++ in 3.0.2
@ 2001-11-07  6:46 ` Venkatesh, Vangal
From: Venkatesh, Vangal @ 2001-11-07  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Paolo Carlini'; +Cc: gcc-help

Paolo,
      I have figured out the problem. gcc 2.96 will compile this file ok but
not 3.0.2 as main has to return an int.

#include <iostream.h>

void main(){
   cout << "Hello World" << endl;

Vangal

* g++ in 3.0.2
@ 2001-11-07  5:58 ` Venkatesh, Vangal
From: Venkatesh, Vangal @ 2001-11-07  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi,
     I downloaded and compiled gcc 3.0.2 on a Pentium 4 system running
Redhat 7.1.
When I try to compile a simple Hello World program using g++ I do not get an
object file or executable, although the compilation seems to be ok.
gcc and g77 seem to work ok.
Any ideas on what may be the problem?

Vangal

* Re: g++ in 3.0.2
@ 2001-11-07  5:28 Peter Kurpis
From: Peter Kurpis @ 2001-11-07  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

> >When I try to compile a simple Hello World program using g++ I do not get an
> >object file or executable, although the compilation seems to be ok.
>
> Could please post both the output of g++ -v your_hello_test.cc and your_hello_test.cc
> himself?

Could it be you're not noticing the  a.out  file, which is the default
executable name?  (You need to specify  -o filename  to make your executable
be called  filename .)

* Re: g++ in 3.0.2
@ 2001-11-07  0:21 Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2001-11-07  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vangal.venkatesh; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi,

>When I try to compile a simple Hello World program using g++ I do not get an
>object file or executable, although the compilation seems to be ok.

Could please post both the output of g++ -v your_hello_test.cc and your_hello_test.cc
himself?

Cheers,
Paolo.

* g++ in 3.0.2