* Re: Gcc 32-bits or 64-bits
@ 2001-11-20  7:59 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-20  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

> Usually i ran gcc generated on HP-UX porting center (hpux.cs.utah.edu, or its mirrors).

You can get a GCC that generates 64-bit code from http://www.hp.com.  Do
a search on GCC and one of the first links found should be a link to the
page where you can download a GCC that generates 64-bit HPPA code for
HP-UX 11.00 or 11i.  It is a seperate compiler from the one that
generates 32-bit HPPA code.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: Gcc 32-bits or 64-bits
@ 2001-11-20 13:29 ` Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan
From: Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan @ 2001-11-20 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: gcc-help

There's three terms i want to make sure its meaning
HPPA - HP PA Risc
IPF - ? (itanium maybe)

ILP32 - ?
LP64 - ?

--- Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> wrote:
> > Usually i ran gcc generated on HP-UX porting center (hpux.cs.utah.edu, or its mirrors).
>
> You can get a GCC that generates 64-bit code from http://www.hp.com.  Do
> a search on GCC and one of the first links found should be a link to the
> page where you can download a GCC that generates 64-bit HPPA code for
> HP-UX 11.00 or 11i.  It is a seperate compiler from the one that
> generates 32-bit HPPA code.
>
> Steve Ellcey
> sje@cup.hp.com

=====
Salu2 y que Dios te bendiga
Gerardo

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

* Re: Gcc 32-bits or 64-bits
@ 2001-11-27 10:47 ` Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-27 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2001-11-27 13:09   ` Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan
From: Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan @ 2001-11-27 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: gcc-help

=====

@ 2001-11-27 13:45 ` Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-27 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

> FWIW this gcc it's a only once product, or has the possibility to be upgraded over the time?.

We hope to keep upgrading it with newer versions of GCC and with bug
fixes.  The bug fixes would get fed back into the FSF sources as well.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: Gcc 32-bits or 64-bits
@ 2001-11-27 13:37   ` Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan
From: Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan @ 2001-11-27 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks
2 seconds after i sent the question i saw the answer on a search on HP Forums =(

=====

@ 2001-11-27 13:15 ` Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-27 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

> There's three terms i want to make sure its meaning
> HPPA - HP PA Risc
	Yes.

@ 2001-11-21  3:30 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-21  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2001-11-21  3:26 ` Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan
From: Gerardo Javier Oliva Galvan @ 2001-11-21  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: gcc-help

=====

@ 2001-11-20 16:20 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2001-11-20 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerardo_oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

> There's three terms i want to make sure its meaning
> HPPA - HP PA Risc
	Yes.