* ARM-elf cross compiler on powerpc-apple-darwin?
@ 2002-04-04  7:11 Michael Dales
From: Michael Dales @ 2002-04-04  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi there,

I've been using gcc 2.95.3 as a cross compiler on ix86-linux and wanted to use
it on my iBook which is running MacOS X. I understand that Apple uses a hacked
version of gcc, and that AFAICT only 3.1 will build for MacOS X, but how does
this work with a cross compiler?

When I try to configure 2.95.3 with the target set to arm-elf, config.guess
fails to detect the host arch. I then moved onto 3.0.4 which successfully
configured but compiled with more warnings than I'd care to consider healthy,
before failing on a syntax error in gcc/f/global.c.

I'm using cross compiled binutils 2.11.2, MacOS X 10.1.3, and the December
2001 development tools.

So can I possibly persuade 2.95.3 to configure and build (my preferred option,
as it's what I use elsewhere) on darwin? What factors about the host does the
cross compiler rely on?

Many thanks,

--
Michael Dales --- email: michael@dcs.gla.ac.uk --- tel: +44 141 330 6297
Department of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-04 14:52 UTC | newest]