* Re: Re: Newbie !!
@ 2002-04-22  5:20 San
From: San  @ 2002-04-22  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi List , Thanx for such a quick reply !
I have already the native gcc(2.95.3) built compiler . I am trying
to build the Cross Compiler for arm .The compiler just builds
smooth for Little endian (thats the default build IIRC)
We are able to build the kernel in little endian format . Now i
need to build the kernel in in big -endian format 'cause my board
understands only big-endian.
So i tried adding the -mbig-endian option to compiler and also -EB
to the GAS . But it fails to build a big endian format .
It gives the error as follows
  arch/armnommu/lib/lib.a
/home/shiaz/uClinux-samsung/linux-2.4.x/lib/lib.a
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a \
         --end-group \
         -o linux
arm-elf-ld: _ashrdi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big
endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(_ashrdi3.o)
arm-elf-ld: _divsi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big
endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(_divsi3.o)
arm-elf-ld: _modsi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big
endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(_modsi3.o)
arm-elf-ld: _udivsi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big
endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.o)
arm-elf-ld: _umodsi3.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big
endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file
/opt/uClinux/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(_umodsi3.o)
What cud be the problem ?? And can u please suggest the method to
make the compiler in the big-endian format ??

Thanx in advance
Santy

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci wrote :
>At 10:53 AM 4/22/02 +0000, San wrote:
>>Hi list !
>>Searched a lot on the net and tried in vain to build the GCC
>>compiler for arm uclinux in Big endian format . I know this
>>questio is discussed many a times , after following those faqs
>>also i was un able to build the compiler .
>>
>>Can any one in the list help me to build it ???
>>I try something like
>>
>>configure --prefix=/instdir --target=arm-elf-gcc
>>--disable-threads --with-headers
>>=/home/newlib-1.8.1/newlib/libc/include
>>
>>So whats the option i have to specify in order to make it big
>>endian ? Is it possible to build a big endian compiler with
>>gcc-2.95.3
>>Any help on this will of great use .
>
>The configuration process will take care of it - if the
>destination architecture is big-endian, GCC will be, also.
>I'm not sure why you would want to use a compiler generating code
>with the "wrong" endiannes for your architecture.
>I guess to do that, you would have to modify the machine
>description files (or generate a new one).
>
>>Thanx in advance
>>Santy

>>Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India
>>or Abroad
>>http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-22 11:44 UTC | newest]