* g77 building own library of subroutines
@ 2002-07-03 12:55 stephen.buckley
From: stephen.buckley @ 2002-07-03 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All

this is my third attempt to get this to the help list. Message follows:

I have a couple of fortran subroutines that I would like to put together in my own library [and then call them with other programs] and would like to know how to do this using g77--the manuals don't seem to say much on this--on building your own library of subroutines and functions etc.

kind regards
Stephen Buckley

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

* Re: g77 building own library of subroutines
@ 2002-07-04 13:38 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-07-04 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephen.buckley; +Cc: gcc-help

stephen.buckley@excite.com wrote:

> this is my third attempt to get this to the help list. Message follows:
>
> I have a couple of fortran subroutines that I would like to put together in my own library [and then call them with other programs] and would like to know how to do this using g77--the manuals don't seem to say much on this--on building your own library of subroutines and functions etc.

Not surprisingly as this is mostly OS dependent.

On Unix it goes like this:

1. Make object files from your Fortran source code:

	g77 [compiler flags] -o <source>.f

2. Make a library from all object files:

	ar r <lib>.a *.o

3. [ Depending on the exact Unix OS you either do or do not do this step
]
   Make an index for this library:

	ranlib <lib>.a

Hope this helps,

* Re: g77 building own library of subroutines
@ 2002-07-04 21:06 stephen.buckley
From: stephen.buckley @ 2002-07-04 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear helpers

I should have mentioned that I am running a dos/windows version.
I have g77 for dos and also Force 2.0.7. [this appears to be a
windows front end for mini g77--mini?? is this a small version
of g77??]
I have had a couple of answers [thanks] but unfortunately the
info appears to have been for the unix version. I need to build
these subroutine library archives in a dos environment [or
windows using Force].

kind regards
Stephen