* keyboard events
@ 2002-08-28  5:42 Varun Kacholia
From: Varun Kacholia @ 2002-08-28  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hello
 I wanted to know whether gcc provides some facility to get the various
 keyboard events like KEY_DOWN/KEY_UP etc.
 If not then what would be the best way to avail them
 I am using gcc3 on redhat 7.2 .
 thanks for any help

--
Varun
------

* Re: keyboard events
@ 2002-08-28  7:50 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2002-08-28  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Varun Kacholia, gcc-help

Hi Varun,

No, GCC does not provide that kind of facility.  GCC provides a compiler and
standard header files.  (And a few other related cool things.)

The operating system provides various keyboard events like KEY_DOWN/KEY_UP.

Check your X11 and/or RedHat documentation, which should provide the
facility you are seeking.

--Eljay

On 8/28/02 7:42 AM, "Varun Kacholia" <varunk@cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

> hello
> I wanted to know whether gcc provides some facility to get the various
> keyboard events like KEY_DOWN/KEY_UP etc.
> If not then what would be the best way to avail them
> I am using gcc3 on redhat 7.2 .
> thanks for any help

* Re: keyboard events
@ 2002-08-28  8:54 ` Quang Nguyen (Ngo)
From: Quang Nguyen (Ngo) @ 2002-08-28  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Varun Kacholia, gcc-help

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 12:42 pm, Varun Kacholia wrote:
> hello
>  I wanted to know whether gcc provides some facility to get the various
>  keyboard events like KEY_DOWN/KEY_UP etc.
>  If not then what would be the best way to avail them
>  I am using gcc3 on redhat 7.2 .
>  thanks for any help

gcc is just a compiler.  You want to read the man page of ncurses (man
ncurses).

--
Quang