* [Q] mktemp
@ 2003-02-27 12:33 Teenu
From: Teenu @ 2003-02-27 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC HELP

Hello List,
I wanted to generate tmp files by mktemp() and mkstemp() in a C++
program. The use of these 2 functions result in segmentation faults.
How do i use these ?
Heres how i'm using them
______________________
mkstemp("tempXXXXXX");
______________________

GCC--> 2.96
OS--> RedHat 7.1
Kernel--> 2.5.6

TIA

Tc

* Re: [Q] mktemp
@ 2003-02-27 12:43 ` Mihnea Balta
From: Mihnea Balta @ 2003-02-27 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teenu, GCC HELP

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
	char	tmp[32];

	strncpy(tmp, "tmpXXXXXX", 32);
	mkstemp(tmp);
	printf("%s\n", tmp);
	return 0;
}

You're using a constant string, and you're not allowed to write to constant
strings.

On Thursday 27 February 2003 13:24, Teenu wrote:
> Hello List,
> I wanted to generate tmp files by mktemp() and mkstemp() in a C++
> program. The use of these 2 functions result in segmentation faults.
> How do i use these ?
> Heres how i'm using them
> ______________________
> mkstemp("tempXXXXXX");
> ______________________
>
> GCC--> 2.96
> OS--> RedHat 7.1
> Kernel--> 2.5.6
>
> TIA
>
> Tc

> P.S. Stiai ca s-a lansat www.FreeSMS.ro ?

* Re: [Q] mktemp
@ 2003-02-27 13:51   ` Teenu
From: Teenu @ 2003-02-27 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mihnea Balta; +Cc: Teenu, GCC HELP

Thanks Mihnea ! that saved me a lot of time.

Regards,
Tc