* GCC and glibc parallel
@ 2003-05-10 20:00 John Levin
From: John Levin @ 2003-05-10 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I have to create a cross compiler for gcc for AIX . How do i create the
crosscompiler. I don't have the headers . I will have to buy a machine.
Somewhere i read kai rutto mentioning gcc can be built in parallel with
glibc headers . I am not clear about the situation. Can someone tell me
how to build gcc with glibc headers when i don't have access to the
remote system.
Thanks
 Levin

* Re: GCC and glibc parallel
@ 2003-05-10 21:58 ` npat
From: npat @ 2003-05-10 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 01:45:51AM +0000, John Levin wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to create a cross compiler for gcc for AIX . How do i create the
> crosscompiler. I don't have the headers . I will have to buy a machine.
> Somewhere i read kai rutto mentioning gcc can be built in parallel with
> glibc headers . I am not clear about the situation. Can someone tell me
> how to build gcc with glibc headers when i don't have access to the
> remote system.

The first question to ask is whether glibc supports the "AIX" target
(something I doubt about). Then, assuming it does, are you sure that
this is what you really want? I mean do you really want an
AIX-targeting cross-GCC that produces binaries depending on GLIBC, and
not on the standard library shipped with AIX?

/npat

--
I'm writing a book.  I've got the page numbers done.
  -- Stephen Wright