* libgcc.a not found on AIX 4..3.3 linking DBD::ORACLE
@ 2003-09-09  2:47 Peter Ma
From: Peter Ma @ 2003-09-09  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello:

Forgive my igornace if this problem has already been addressed.  I've seen
this posting before and just wanted to know if anyone knew what the solution
was.

I'm trying to install perl 5.8, DBI 1.38, and DBD-Oracle 1.14 on AIX 4.3.3.

Got the perl & DBI to install without a problem.  However, when I try to
make the DBD, I get

ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc_eh.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc_eh.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

My gcc (version 3.2) is installed in a directory other than the default, but
I've set my PATH variable to point to my gcc and the above archive files.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,
Peter

* Problem in initialising the library
@ 2003-09-10  7:02 ` Ajay Bansal
From: Ajay Bansal @ 2003-09-10  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All

I am on Redhat Linux AS, gcc 3.2.1.

I have an application Which has many libraries. Few of the libraries have
initializer routine. Now..

When my application starts, library "A" gets loaded. It has an initialiser
routine. From that initializer routine, it calls a function, func1,  from
library B. Function call is successful. That implicates that library B has
loaded. But, initializer routines of library B is not being called.. :(..

This causes my application to crash.

Now.. The question is...

Why initializer routine from library B was not called..

Regards
Ajay